Tony McMahon – making history popular on TV!
Contact for broadcast: email@example.com
2019 was a bumper year for TV appearances! Began in January filming with Scott Wolter for the Travel channel series America Unearthed – which took us to Rosslyn chapel and the mysterious caves at Wemyss in Scotland. That was broadcast in the middle of the year.
Then back to Scotland and the ruined abbey of Kilwinning to film with the new Discovery channel series Rob Riggle Global Investigator. An irreverent style with Rob looking for the Holy Grail and me giving him some clues!
In 2020, History will launch a documentary series to accompany its hugely successful six season epic The Curse of Oak Island. I’ve been filmed talking about the Templar and Masonic influences to be found in the United States.
I’m also in every episode of another season of Forbidden History – which now moves from UKTV to Discovery. Subjects ranging from the Nazis and the occult to the truth about the pyramids. Also on Discovery, I will be in another series of Strange Evidence – as it appears the ratings went up for the last series where I shared my wit and wisdom.
Here I am below in the last season of Forbidden History, broadcast in 2019, talking about those rumours that Adolf Hitler only had one properly descended testicle!
Other programmes I’ve been on in 2019 include Private Lives (Yesterday/UKTV) presented by Tracy Borman, co-curator of the Royal Palaces. We discussed the private lives of Al Capone, Peter the Great and Princess Margaret. Quite a mixture!
On Discovery, you may also have seen me pop up on NASA’s Unexplained Files commenting on all your favourite UFO and alien conspiracy theories. Great team to work with and really enjoyed it.
If you would like a man with a luxuriant beard making history popular and fun on your TV programme – then read on!
Contact for broadcast: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional website: https://beardyhistory.com/
Rob Riggle Global Investigator – Discovery Science
- Filmed in the spring of 2019 for broadcast on Discovery Science
Strange Evidence – Discovery Science
- Broadcast summer of 2019 in the United States. Several episodes covering the secret of El Dorado, UFO sightings and strange sightings during the Japanese tsunami.
America Unearthed – Discovery Travel
- Filmed January, 2019 with presenter Scott Wolter on location in Scotland. Episode on the Knights Templar. Will broadcast in July 2019
NASA Unexplained Files – Discovery Science
- Broadcast 2019 in the United States and Europe
Forbidden History – UKTV/Yesterday TV
Filmed in September 2019 for series six of Forbidden History.
Tony McMahon appeared in the following episodes of series five last year:
- First broadcast 2018: Series five. Episode One. Uncovering the Historical Jesus
- First broadcast 2018: Series five. Episode Two. The Stasi – Behind the Berlin Wall
- First broadcast 2018: Series five. Episode Three. The Nazi Treasure Quest
- First broadcast 2018: Series five. Episode Four. The Real James Bond
- First broadcast 2018: Series five. Episode Five. The Dead Sea Scrolls Conspiracy
- First broadcast 2017: Series four. Episode Four. The Dark Truths of the Templars
Buried – History channel – presented by Mikey Kay and Garth Baldwin. A documentary series on the Knights Templar to accompany History’s Templar ten-part drama Knightfall:
- First broadcast in the United States 2017 (UK 2018): Series one. Episode Four. Land of Secrets (the Templars in Portugal)
The Big Audition – ITV – a prime-time ITV 1 series where contestants vie for a very interesting job.
- Broadcast on ITV on 5 October, 2018 at 21:00 to a prime-time audience. I was in full costume as King Henry VIII. The show was reviewed with my image in national media including The Sun newspaper.
Private Lives of the Monarchs – UKTV/Yesterday TV and other channels globally – presented by Tracy Borman, curator of the Royal Palaces. Tony McMahon appeared in the following episodes:
- First broadcast 2017: Series Two. Episode One. Queen Victoria
- First broadcast 2017: Series Two. Episode Two. George III and the Prince Regent
- First broadcast 2017: Series Two. Episode Three. Louis XIV
- First broadcast 2017: Series Two. Episode Four. Charles II
- First broadcast 2017: Series Two. Episode Five. Henry VIII
Private Lives – UKTV/Yesterday TV and other channels globally – presented by Tracy Borman. Tony McMahon appears in the following episodes, first half of 2019:
- Series Three. Broadcast March, 2019. Princess Margaret
- Series Three. Broadcast March 2019. Edward VIII and Mrs Simpson
- Series Three. Broadcast March 2019. Adolf Hitler and the Nazis
- Series Three. Broadcast March 2019. Napoleon
- Series Three. Broadcast April 2019. Peter the Great
- Series Three. Broadcast April 2019. Al Capone
Four Rooms – Channel 4 – presented by Sarah Beeny
- First broadcast December 2017: Series three. Episode 1
Dressed as Henry VIII on ITV in October 2018 – very much a tongue in cheek TV appearance as I walked in full costume through west London
In March 2019, talking about the scandals around Princess Margaret – sister of Queen Elizabeth II and featured in the Netflix series, The Crown
Why did the notorious English king Henry VIII have no friends later in life?
Same TV series – but a different monarch. Victoria and Abdul – the real story of Queen Victoria’s relationship with her Indian servant and his introduction of curry to the royal court.
On Forbidden History presented by Jamie Theakston. We discuss the mysteries of the Knights Templar at my house in London for an episode broadcast in the spring of 2017. I appeared in every episode of Forbidden History in 2018 discussing topics as varied as the historical Jesus, the East German Stasi secret police and the real James Bond.
Filming with the History channel in Portugal in the summer of 2017 for the Knight Templar documentary series Buried (broadcast in the US in 2017 and the UK in 2018) made to complement the multi-million dollar drama series Knightfall.
Appearing on ITV’s The Big Audition in October 2018 dressed as Henry VIII – press photo that appeared in The Sun newspaper.
And the Daily Mail covers The Big Audition with a lovely photo of me in the middle!