Tony McMahon – making history popular on TV!
Contact for broadcast: firstname.lastname@example.org
In recent months you may have caught me on the Smithsonian channel appearing in Private Lives of the Monarchs discussing every sleazy monarch from Peter the Great to Louis XIV.
On ITV, I even dressed up as one of my favourite monarchs – Henry VIII…
Or you might have caught me with comedian Rob Riggle on location looking for the Holy Grail in Scotland – go to one 1 minute, 18 seconds to see me in the show’s trailer:
On UKTV, I caused a bit of a stir by discussing Queen Victoria’s love of drugs…
On Discovery’s Strange Evidence – I investigated very odd footage of three foot tall human beings who might be part of a long lost tribe in south east Asia. Go to 59 minutes on the clip below to see my segment of the show:
I have been in the latest season and the last season of Strange Evidence and another Discovery programme made by the same production company, NASA’s Unexplained Files.
Then there was that time Jamie Theakston came round to my house to talk about the mysteries of the Knights Templar…
Here I am with Rob Riggle again trying to get him not to smash up a medieval graveyard in his quest to find the Holy Grail…
I’m in every episode of season six of Forbidden History – which now moves from UKTV to Discovery. Subjects ranging from the Nazis and the occult to the truth about the pyramids.
Here I am in season five of Forbidden History, broadcast in 2019, talking about those rumours that Adolf Hitler only had one properly descended testicle!
In 2019, I appeared in every episode of Private Lives (Yesterday/UKTV) presented by Tracy Borman, co-curator of the Royal Palaces. We discussed the private lives of Al Capone and Princess Margaret. Quite a mixture!
If you would like a man with a luxuriant beard making history popular and fun on your TV programme – then read on!
Contact for broadcast: email@example.com
PROGRAMMES I HAVE APPEARED IN:
Forbidden History – season six – Discovery, UKTV
- Broadcast 2020 – appeared in all episodes. Topics included the real Moses, the real Noah, Nazis and the occult, Crystal Skulls, Bermuda Triangle, Yamashita Treasure, Turin Shroud, etc
Forbidden History – season five – UKTV
- Broadcast 2019 – appeared in all episodes, presented by Jamie Theakston. Topics included the real James Bond, secret societies, the East German Stasi, the Nazis, etc
Forbidden History – season four – UKTV
- Broadcast 2018 – appeared in one episode on the Knights Templar
Private Lives of the Monarchs – Smithsonian, UKTV – presented by Tracy Borman, curator of the Royal Palaces. Tony McMahon appeared in the following episodes:
- First broadcast 2017: Series Two. Episode One. Queen Victoria
- First broadcast 2017: Series Two. Episode Two. George III and the Prince Regent
- First broadcast 2017: Series Two. Episode Three. Louis XIV
- First broadcast 2017: Series Two. Episode Four. Charles II
- First broadcast 2017: Series Two. Episode Five. Henry VIII
Private Lives – UKTV/Yesterday TV and other channels globally – presented by Tracy Borman. Tony McMahon appears in the following episodes, first half of 2019:
- Series Three. Broadcast March, 2019. Princess Margaret
- Series Three. Broadcast March 2019. Edward VIII and Mrs Simpson
- Series Three. Broadcast March 2019. Adolf Hitler and the Nazis
- Series Three. Broadcast March 2019. Napoleon
- Series Three. Broadcast April 2019. Peter the Great
- Series Three. Broadcast April 2019. Al Capone
Strange Evidence – Season Four – Discovery Science
- Broadcast 2020 – appearances in nearly all episodes
Strange Evidence – Season Three – Discovery Science
- Broadcast 2019 – appearances in several episodes
Rob Riggle Global Investigator – Discovery Science
- Broadcast Spring 2020 on Discovery – appeared in Rob’s episode on the Holy Grail
America Unearthed – Discovery Travel
- Broadcast 2020 – appeared in episode ten on the Knights Templar
NASA Unexplained Files – Discovery Science
- Broadcast 2019 in the United States and Europe
Buried – History channel – presented by Mikey Kay and Garth Baldwin. A documentary series on the Knights Templar to accompany History’s Templar ten-part drama Knightfall:
- First broadcast in the United States 2017 (UK 2018): Series one. Episode Four. Land of Secrets (the Templars in Portugal)
The Big Audition – ITV – a prime-time ITV 1 series where contestants vie for a very interesting job.
- Broadcast on ITV on 5 October, 2018 at 21:00 to a prime-time audience. I was in full costume as King Henry VIII. The show was reviewed with my image in national media including The Sun newspaper.
Four Rooms – Channel 4 – presented by Sarah Beeny
- First broadcast December 2017: Series three. Episode 1
Dressed as Henry VIII on ITV in October 2018 – very much a tongue in cheek TV appearance as I walked in full costume through west London
In March 2019, talking about the scandals around Princess Margaret – sister of Queen Elizabeth II and featured in the Netflix series, The Crown
Why did the notorious English king Henry VIII have no friends later in life?
Same TV series – but a different monarch. Victoria and Abdul – the real story of Queen Victoria’s relationship with her Indian servant and his introduction of curry to the royal court.
On Forbidden History presented by Jamie Theakston. We discuss the mysteries of the Knights Templar at my house in London for an episode broadcast in the spring of 2017. I appeared in every episode of Forbidden History in 2018 discussing topics as varied as the historical Jesus, the East German Stasi secret police and the real James Bond.
Filming with the History channel in Portugal in the summer of 2017 for the Knight Templar documentary series Buried (broadcast in the US in 2017 and the UK in 2018) made to complement the multi-million dollar drama series Knightfall.
Appearing on ITV’s The Big Audition in October 2018 dressed as Henry VIII – press photo that appeared in The Sun newspaper.
And the Daily Mail covers The Big Audition with a lovely photo of me in the middle!